Tuesday, March 24, 2020

My dogs

Now about my dog's! I have had many in the past. Now I have 4.

Xena, our Yellow Lab, Dan and I got almost 13 years ago. Dan thought she was going to be his duck hunting dog! LOL, no way, not with those alligators. She is having a hard time getting up and down but she sure loves to play. She has always been a quite dog. I always said she was the most boring puppy.

Mia, our Yorkie, after Prissy died I did not want another dog. Thanks to Matt, who knew of someone trying to find a home for her, she entered our lives. She was about 6 months when we got her. She is a good dog, loves to cuddle and have her belly rubbed.

Khaleesi, our German Shepherd, my buddy, my friend. She has a story. We were looking for an outside guard dog. Dan got her from the shelter in Orlando, she was about 7 months old. I was unsure about a GSD, I was scared of the breed. He said she was scared, skinny and her was not leaving her there. I was just finishing up Chemo and Radiation and was not feeling that great. So he brings her home, and of all days it was the day Cole was born. Ok, now what? I layed on the couch for day's and she layed on the floor next to me. We were unsure about each other. For day's we layed there, I would tell here "come here" and when she did I would give her a cookie. We bonded! I taught her to pick up things for me, help me up and do all kinds of tricks. When I was feeling better I started dog class with her. She now holds severel titles in Trick Dog, Rally, and obedience. So much of her being a guard dog, she does not leave my side :)
God, I love this dog.

Gypsy Rose AKA " Gypsy No!", is our other Yorkie. We got Gypsy when she was about 6 months old. She was Kierston's dog that her mother could not keep. She asked us if we would take her so she could always visit her. Dan said yes :). Let me tell you this dog was ment to come into our lives! She has made this house full of puppy fun! I swear this dog has ADHD. She is over a year now but has so much puppy in her. She is like a flying squirrel. You should see her jump from high places and land like it was nothing. God forbid if she see sees a crow or squirrel in our yard, the whole neighborhood knows it! She makes us laugh. She is a bed hogger, she will not move for nothing. I signed her up for dog class and she has earned her first title, in good manners...lol! She and Nora have a thing, Gypsy likes to follow Nora around (because Nora drops food) and Gypsy likes to take the pacificer from Nora. And those ears! They never stood up but that is ok. When she looks up at you her ears flop back and it makes me smile.

                                                       Khaleesi, Xena, Gypsy & Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment